What's included in The Accent Tuner?
1. PRE-PROGRAMME QUESTIONNAIRE
Before we begin the Accent Tuner, you will receive a questionnaire and client profile. This will help me to understand your background, how your learnt English (and therefore the influences of your current accent) and some unique aspects of your personality, so that I can tailor how we work together to achieve the best results.
2. INTENSIVE INTRODUCTORY SESSION
During the first session in the Accent Tuner, we meet online for a 90-minute online intensive session. During this, we get to know each other, uncover your individual concerns and goals for your accent improvement, and record a sample of your speech to capture your current accent*.
(*There is also an optional opportunity to submit extra video recordings if you would like to capture your accent in a wider range of settings)
3. IN-DEPTH ASSESSMENT
Armed with a large mug of tea, I personally carry out a detailed and thorough analysis of your existing accent. This allows me to identify exactly which elements are marking out your accent as non-native and create your unique, personalised recommendations.
4. PERSONAL RECOMMENDATION PROFILE
You receive a clear and itemised Personalised Recommendation Profile in pdf form. This contains each of the elements that I suggest we target in order to make your accent sound more authentically English. You will also receive a bonus video, which explains each of the points in clear and simple terms, with examples.
You have a chance to review my assessment and recommendations, ask any questions and give feedback about what the highest priorities are for you. This means that we agree a completely personalised programme, targeting your biggest concerns and delivering maximum impact!
5. FEEDBACK & GOAL AGREEMENT
You receive your personalised, comprehensive Accent Tuner Action Plan and Workbook as a printable pdf. This is split into individual sections; one for each one of your personal goals.
The Workbook includes:
- Written and video explanations with clear, copy-able examples. These show you exactly how to alter your pronunciation to make it sound more English.
- Daily practice exercises and drills, with exact instructions for how to practice them for maximum impact (when, how often, etc).
- Step-by-step guidance on addressing the sound or pattern on it’s own, until you feel comfortable
- A progression plan, showing you how to incorporate that sound into words, phrases and sentences, so that you can apply your new skills to your everyday speech.
6. ACCENT TUNER ACTION PLAN & WORKBOOK
As you progress through your tailored programme, we schedule 4** intensive one-to-one coaching sessions (one hour each). You can use these dive deep into an individual element and get direct training, feedback and guidance. Alternatively, we can use them to evaluate your progress to date and keep you on track for maximum results!
(** Additional one-to-one sessions are available to purchase on request if you would like extra individual coaching and support)
7. INDIVIDUALISED ONE-TO-ONE COACHING SESSIONS
At the end of the programme, we have a final 90-minute one-to-one intensive coaching session. This allows us to evaluate your progress, identify any areas for further practice, and celebrate how far you have come in mastering your accent!